Sat, Sep 11|
Social Sewing Club
All abilities are welcome from age 15 upwards, just bring your current project and lots of enthusiasm. Come along to meet like-minded people whilst learning a new skill or improving your talents and become confident creating garments, homewares and accessories!
Time & Location
Sep 11, 2021, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
St Neots, 7 New St, St Neots, Saint Neots PE19 1AE, UK
About The Event
What will the workshop cover?
It's really for you to decide . . . our tutor will be on hand to discuss your project and give guidance/help wherever you need.
Here are some examples on how we can help further your sewing skills:
- How to measure your body and pick a suitable size on a garment pattern
- How to cut your pattern and fabric, making all the necessary markings to construct
- How to finish your raw edges
- How to confidently sew fastenings like zips and button/buttonholes.
What you should bring:
This will be all about your project. We can Advise you on what fabrics will work best for the type of project you are planning. If you're unsure, please send us an email (to email@example.com).
You will be sent through an email with a full list of requirements before the workshop, but in short you will need to bring:
- A sewing project in full - pattern, fabric and all threads/trims
- A sewing machine, with its user manual. (If you do not currently own one please let us know on email before booking and we will try our best to hire a machine).
Workshop extras include:
The supportive, friendly and knowledgeable tutor goes without saying, but also available will be:
- Use of an overlocker machine if required
- An ironing board station
- Tea and coffee to keep you going throughout the afternoon
Cost per session is £25. A non refundable deposit of £10 is required to confirm the booking.
Spaces are limited with a maximum of 10 people in a session.
Advance booking essential