Thu, Oct 06|
Gelli Plate Printing
Have you ever wanted to try printmaking but been put off by the equipment? That’s where mono printing— making a one-off print—with Gelli Plates comes in.
Time & Location
Oct 06, 2022, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
St Neots, 7 New St, St Neots, Saint Neots PE19 1AE, UK
About The Event
Gelli plate printing is using a gelatine plate to take a print using either fabric or paper. The process is easy, paint is put on the gelli surface, spread out with a brayer- roller, then a variety of stencils and other textural objects are placed on the gelli plate. A print is taken with either fabric or paper.
Gelli Plates are reusable printing plates that let you make monoprints without the cost of a large, expensive press.
The workshop includes:
• Explanation of Gelli Plate mono printing and looking at examples.
• Introduction to equipment and techniques.
• Use of rollers and paints and how to ink up your plate.
· Creating your own masks and stencils
• Using masking and over-printing create layered monoprints.
• Beginners and/or those wishing to refresh their skills.
Gelli Printing Taster Session£35.00